Competition Robot Parts is pleased to present the 3rd iteration of our Elevator Bearing Kit! This kit allows teams to assemble a mechanism to allow two pieces of rectangular tubing (or t-slot extrusion) to slide in relation to each other in a linear motion. This kit is designed to mount to the narrow side of rectangular tubing with a narrow-side dimension of 1in (e.g. 1×1, 1×2, 1×3 tubing) and thus will work with a variety of tubing dimensions. V3 is smaller, lighter, more robust, and best of all, costs less than other solutions on the market!
Here are some feature highlights:
- Shielded ball bearings provide support in the lateral and thrust axes.
- Aluminum blocks are notched to self-locate on the side of rectangular tubing.
- Black anodized because, let’s be honest, it just looks cool.
- .196in mounting holes for use with #10 fasteners or 3/16in rivets.
- Hole positions to rivet or bolt to rectangular tubing as well as bolt to t-slot extrusion.
- Roller blocks come pre-assembled.
- Kit contains parts for one elevator stage (8 roller block assemblies):
- (16) Shielded Ball Bearings (R188ZZ)
- (8) Aluminum Mounting Blocks
- (8) Bearing Shaft Bolts
- (8) Bearing Retension Screws
- Does not include tubing or other structural members.
- Does not include fasteners for mounting roller blocks to tubing.
- Kit weighs approximately .520 pounds.
What’s changed since V2?
- Shielded ball bearings are used instead of Delrin rollers for lower-friction motion and increased service life.
- Individual bearings support the lateral and thrust axes for further reduced friction.
- Aluminum blocks on either side of the tubing support the bearings instead of aluminum plates for easier assembly and reduced footprint.
- Stage spacing increased from 0.5in to 0.75in (still maintains elevator stage widths in increments of 0.5in to line up with pre-drilled tubing).