Competition Robot Parts is pleased to bring back our Elevator Roller Kit with more features to make designing and building elevator mechanisms easier. This kit allows teams to assemble a mechanism to allow two pieces of 2×1 tubing (or t-slot extrusion) to slide in relation to each other in a linear motion. Here are some feature highlights:
- Flanged rollers provide support in the lateral and thrust axes.
- .125in thick aluminum plates define center-to-center distance of the rollers.
- .196in holes for use with #10 fasteners or 3/16in rivets.
- Hole positions to rivet or bolt to 2×1 tubing as well as bolt to standard 2×1 t-slot extrusion.
- Kit contains parts for one elevator stage (4 roller pairs)
- (8) Delrin Stepped Rollers
- (8) Aluminum Mounting Plates
- (8) Roller Shaft Bolts
- (8) Shaft Retention Nuts
- Does not include tubing or other structural members.
- Kit weighs approximately .632 pounds.
For teams who are familiar with the elevator roller kit design from the 2015 season, here are the big changes:
- The roller diameter has been made smaller to save weight and space.
- The spacing between the two sliding pieces of tubing has been increased to .5in (per user request) to allow teams to hold a .5in hole spacing on all structural and spacing members.
- The active roller surface has been extended to surround the head of the shoulder bolt in order to provide additional support.